Monday, June 28, 2010

Down For Construction

The following blog was written originally on my tumblr. All the material you have read previously will soon be deleted here, though it will remain there. If you would like to continue reading this version, please visit my tumblr at


http://aftermathfanfiction.tumblr.com/


I’ve been thinking about the quality of my work on this fiction. I’ve re-read it multiple times, and I’ve made a decision. I’ve decided that Aftermath just has too many flaws. Now don’t you fret! I’m NOT giving up on it. Quite the opposite. I’m re-writing it!

This is how it’s going to end up:

a) Multiple parts to the story.

b) Longer Chapters.

c) All in the same narrative—I don’t know what that will be yet, but quite possibly it will be 1st person when Jack or Tegan are talking, and 3rd person whenever it’s in someone else’s POV.

d) No more footnotes.

e) When a chapter has multiple parts, it will be separated by a “—,” not a “Part One.” This will separate the confusion between parts of the story and parts of the chapter.

f) Every Chapter will have at the end a preview for the next chapter.

So that’s that. I’m leaving this version on this website, but I will replace the story on my fanfiction website and the blog site. This way newcomers will be able to see the newer version, and will be directed to this site for the older one. I will also post the newer version here, so that I have happy customer service. I’m just not going to delete all that I’ve written.

Hopefully I’ll finish soon,

Katelyn.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment