FOOTNOTES ARE NOT NECESSARY TO READ THOUGH THEY ARE FILLED WITH HELPFUL, INTERESTING INFORMATION. PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED TO READ THEM, BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE BACKGROUND INFORMATION ABOUT THE CHARACTERS INVOLVED, I WOULD RECOMMEND READING IT. THANK YOU FOR READING.
*This chapter is in Jack’s point of view. (I seem to be developing a pattern here…) The security in the hub on the elevator is a deflector (I think that’s what it’s called..) charm, and when it’s heightened, it’s almost impossible to look in the direction, and if you’re near the area, you forget what you’re there for. So, naturally, it’s a very rare occasion when someone gets within five feet of the said area, let alone be completely focused on it. This explains just how much will Tegan has, and how far she is willing to work herself for a complete stranger. In the last paragraph, it says Jack retreats to his chamber. In the series, Jack had always stayed at the hub, in his office, as his home. I decided that, even though this is a completely different hub and different Torchwood, I would stay true to that.
**Read previous chapter’s footnotes.
***Future chapter reference. hehe. Iz Tie Meh Chapterz Together.^^
Aftershock (ch.6)
I took the elevator into hub, the strange occurrence with the silver-
eyed woman still consuming my mind. She seemed different than most,
her curious nature** and obvious dislike toward alcohol’s wrenching
smell,** and the feel of her hand seemed to linger, the smell of her
polluting my nostrils. It was the way she looked at me, with such
experience and hurt in her past and still the ever curiosity that
reminded me of Ianto. At that I had turned away from the woman,
sending her a quick, fake smile that she seemed to dissect** before
fleeing the bar.
“There’s a woman that’s spotted the elevator.” Gwen announced as soon
as I walked into the hub, her eyes scanning the security footage. At
the word ‘woman’ I froze, quickly making my way to where Gwen was
stationed, staring at the computer. It couldn’t be…
There she was-that woman. She must have followed me, and she must have
noticed that I disappeared near the sidewalk. “Heighten the defenses
of the elevator. When she gets five feet away, we’ll pull a security
breach. She was at the bar, she must have followed me…” I voiced my
fears and Gwen did as she was told, keeping the camera trained on the
woman’s’ every move…
As I walked back to my desk, I saw Qwen squint into the computer screen,
zooming in on the woman’s face and frowning…***
After the security was measured up, I sighed, relaxing back into my
chair and glancing at the photo on my desk. It was one of the entire
team-Gwen, Tosh, Owen, Ianto and I. It was a little burnt from the
explosion back before… I had to stop myself. I couldn’t cry in front
Gwen, she would stop paying attention to the woman if that happene….
“SHE’S THREE FEET AWAY!!” Gwen screamed and I jumped up, holding my gun
towards the entrance while keeping an eye on the security footage,
which Gwen had transferred to the big screen. The woman had a
determined, saddened look in her eyes, sweat glistening on her brow.**
She advanced two more feet, when suddenly, her face relaxed, went
blank, and she turned on her heal, running in the opposite direction.
Gwen, who had ducked under her desk in attempt to protect her herself,
whispered something about the security measures kicking in.*
I sighed once again and relaxed. I would deal with it tomorrow, but
for now the day was over and my headache, which I didn’t realize I
had, had worsened. Saying goodnight to Gwen, I excused myself and went
to my chamber.*
No comments:
Post a Comment